- In 1493, explorer Christopher Columbus found pineapples on Guadeloupe Island in the Caribbean.
- Pineapples are in peak season from March to July.
- Pineapples contain bromelain, an enzyme that may help reduce inflammation and aids in digestion.
- Pineapples are high in Vitamin C which helps your immune system.
- Pineapples are low in calories and are fat free, only 80 calories per 1 cup.
This is just in time for Spring. If you need a quick side dish to bring to the friend & family luncheon or dinner, this fluff is the answer. It is super quick & easy to prepare. In addition, it is light and fluffy!
What You Need:
- 3.4 oz. box pistachio sugar-free instant pudding
- 1- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup thawed light whipped topping
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
65 Calories; <1 gm Fat; 14 gm Carbohydrate; <1 gm Protein; 122 mg Sodium
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- cracker crumbs (7 saltine whole wheat crackers)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp basil and oregano
- 1-2 dashes black pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz) tomato sauce
In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, egg, cracker crumbs, and spices until well blended and shape into 2 loaves. Place in baking dish and pour tomato sauce over loaves. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Makes 6 servings.
146 Calories; 7 gm fat; 2 gm sat fat; 95 mg chol; 338 mg sodium; 5 gm carb; 1 gm fiber; 15 gm protein
When I need to drop a few pounds quickly, I always rely on smoothies. If I use a smoothie as a meal replacement, I always add a scoop of protein powder and I eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit. This particular smoothie is super low in calories and high in nutrients. It can be used as a snack and it’s great for controlling those unwanted cravings.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup strawberries
- handful of ice
- 1 packet stevia
Mix in a blender until smooth.
89 Calories; 4gm fat; 8gm carbohydrate; 2gm fiber; 4gm protein
Are you struggling with your weight? Do you want to be skinny?
Go girl diet will teach you how to finally eat a healthy diet. You will learn
one step at a time how to make simple changes in your eating habits that
will help you lose weight to last a lifetime. You learn the skills to make
lifelong changes and to balance healthy and not so healthy foods.
Go girl will help you lose weight and keep it off for good. No more crazy
fad diets! No more restrictions or forbidden foods! No more complicated
meal plans! No more feeling like a failure!
At go girl diet, you will find the latest weight loss trends with quick
healthy eating hints that you can incorporate into your busy lifestyle.
Who said you can’t eat your cake and lose weight too?
Spring is great time for new beginnings and a perfect time to revamp your diet. Here are a few small changes you can try to get you started to eating healthier and losing weight.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- Cut the sugary beverages. Replace the soda pop and juice with water or any calorie free drink and you could lose 1# per week.
- Start walking. The Dietary Guidelines suggest 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- If you can’t avoid the temptation, get it out of the house.
- Stock your kitchen cabinets with healthy low cal snacks.
- Finally, track your progress.