Are you drinking enough water ?
Water is the best drink of choice. Water helps with digestion and maintains hydration to boost metabolism. Try drinking 8 ounces of water 15 minutes prior to eating; it will help you with portion control. In addition, replace high sugar drinks with water to reduce daily caloric intake. Drink up!!
Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer and the official kickoff to cook-out season! This doesn’t mean you have to sabotage your waistline. You can still have fun and eat healthy. Here are some of go girls tricks.
- Always bring the low cal appetizers like raw veggies with a low fat dip, fruit salad, or a healthier version of a side dish.
- Try to stay away from the high fat meats, such as, hotdogs, sausage, or ribs. Choose the grilled chicken or even a small or half a burger.
- Take only 1 starchy side, like potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, or baked beans.
- Have fruit for dessert.
- Stay away from the sugary drinks. Instead choose diet drinks or bottled water.
- Limit your alcoholic beverages. To save calories use diet soda or seltzer water for mixers and lite beer is the better option.
- Most importantly start the day with exercise. Take a power walk or bike ride in the morning. You will actually feel more energized for the rest of the day.
Do you know what’s in your drink? Drink calories do add up and could be preventing you from losing weight. Just by making the change to reduced calorie or calorie free drinks, you can lose tons of weight. I had a client I counseled who made the switch from regular soda to diet soda and lost 18 pounds. WOW!
Instead of regular soda, drink diet and you save 130 – 200 calories per 12-oz. can. If you drink 2-3 cans of soda daily, you could lose 4 pounds within a month.
Water remains the best drink of choice. Water helps with digestion and maintains hydration to boost metabolism. Replace high sugar drinks with water to enhance weight loss. Set your goal for 8 glasses a day.