I came across a copy cat recipe for a Wendy’s Frosty on Pinterest. I tweaked it to make it fat free and low calorie. The final product is amazing! Tastes just like a real Frosty.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons low calorie (sugar-free) chocolate instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons Cool Whip Free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a glass and freeze until it has a frosty consistency. Makes 1 serving; 130 calories and 0 fat.
One of largest pitfalls to extra calories is added sugar. Extra calories lead to weight gain.
From the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6442469635
Here are some tips on limiting added sugars while treating your sweet tooth:
- Enjoy fruit, a naturally sweet treat.
- Add to salads, salsas, sauces, toppings and more.
- Snack on fruit and enjoy as dessert instead of candy, cookies or pastries.
- Use fruit to sweeten oatmeal or cereal.
- Drink healthy drinks.
- Switch to water or low-fat or fat-free milk instead of sodas, energy drinks or sports drinks.
- Drink 100-percent fruit juice in moderation instead of sugary fruit drinks.
- Try carbonated beverages with no added sugars or add lemon, limes or cucumbers to water for additional taste.
- Compare foods.
- Read food labels of packaged foods and choose the ones with little or no added sugars.
Here it is, the GoGirlDiet Smoothie I always talk about. This smoothie is so easy to make, low in calories and no fat. You can drink it for a snack or you can have it for a quick breakfast and it so delish. As they say, “it’s the bomb”! The recipe makes 2 servings to save some for later or you can cut it in half to make 1 serving.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup Dannon Light & Fit nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Just blend all ingredients in a blender and pour into a glass. Yummy! Makes 2 servings. 1 serving= 145 calories, 0 fat, 20 g CHO, 3 g fiber, 8 g Pro, 30% calcium.