OMG!! This is fabulous, easy to make, and a GoGirlDiet original. This delicious treat is only 140 calories and really satisfies the sweet craving without the guilt.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup reduced calorie chocolate pudding prepared with fat free milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut
- 1 Tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 whole almonds
In a parfait glass, layer half the pudding, coconut, and slivered almonds. Repeat the layers. Top with 2 whole almonds.
This recipe is SUPER easy and there’s only two ingredients.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin
That’s right, no oil, no eggs, nothing else. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Pour into lined muffin pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
The end result is amazing!! An incredibly moist muffin with a hint of pumpkin flavor and only 85 calories. Makes 24 muffins.
1 1/4 cups Keebler® Chips Deluxe® Rainbow Bite Size cookies
1 package (8 oz.) fat free cream cheese, softened*
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Fat Free, thawed
1 Graham Low Fat Pie Crust
Red, white and blue sprinkles
1. Chop cookies. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and lemon juice. Beat until combined. Fold in cookies and whipped topping.
3. Spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set. Garnish with sprinkles. Store in refrigerator.
Yields: 8 servings and 260 Calories per serving
I came across a copy cat recipe for a Wendy’s Frosty on Pinterest. I tweaked it to make it fat free and low calorie. The final product is amazing! Tastes just like a real Frosty.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons low calorie (sugar-free) chocolate instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons Cool Whip Free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a glass and freeze until it has a frosty consistency. Makes 1 serving; 130 calories and 0 fat.
One of largest pitfalls to extra calories is added sugar. Extra calories lead to weight gain.
From the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6442469635
Here are some tips on limiting added sugars while treating your sweet tooth:
- Enjoy fruit, a naturally sweet treat.
- Add to salads, salsas, sauces, toppings and more.
- Snack on fruit and enjoy as dessert instead of candy, cookies or pastries.
- Use fruit to sweeten oatmeal or cereal.
- Drink healthy drinks.
- Switch to water or low-fat or fat-free milk instead of sodas, energy drinks or sports drinks.
- Drink 100-percent fruit juice in moderation instead of sugary fruit drinks.
- Try carbonated beverages with no added sugars or add lemon, limes or cucumbers to water for additional taste.
- Compare foods.
- Read food labels of packaged foods and choose the ones with little or no added sugars.
I came across a recipe for Shirley Temple Cupcakes and thought is was the cutest idea. Of course, I had to make adjustments to make it as low calorie as possible. Also, it needs to be quick and simple; therefore, the cake version.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 can diet 7-up
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 4 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1- 8oz tub frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip Free)
- pink sprinkles (optional)
In a bowl, beat together cake mix and diet 7-up on low speed for about 1 minute. Save 2 Tbsp of batter for reserve.
Pour the remaining batter in a 13″ x 9″ cake dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
Mix the reserve batter with 2 Tbsp of cherry juice and 2 drops of red food coloring; swirl it into cake with a knife.
Bake @ 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Let cake completely cool.
Meanwhile, mix 2 Tbsp cherry juice in thawed whipped topping and evenly spread on top of the cake.
Decorate with cherries and pink sprinkles.
Yummy!! This cake is absolutely fabulous!
Makes 16 servings. Only 168 calories per serving.
I LOVE THIS DESSERT!!! And it is super easy !!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can diet cola
In a bowl, beat cake mix and diet cola for 2 minutes. That’s it! Do Not add anything else. Pour into a 9″x11″ baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let cool. Ice with fat free Cool Whip. Refrigerate. Makes 12 servings @ 180 calories per serving. ENJOY!!
I love this cake!! Of course, I had to modify the recipe to make it low fat and lower in calories.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lite applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
Beat first 6 ingredients with mixer 2-3 minutes until well blended. Add brown sugar and mix well. Pour into fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes; then remove from pan and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!! Yields: 16 servings. 200 calories, 3gms fat per serving.