- In 1493, explorer Christopher Columbus found pineapples on Guadeloupe Island in the Caribbean.
- Pineapples are in peak season from March to July.
- Pineapples contain bromelain, an enzyme that may help reduce inflammation and aids in digestion.
- Pineapples are high in Vitamin C which helps your immune system.
- Pineapples are low in calories and are fat free, only 80 calories per 1 cup.
They are very low in calories. A cup of green beans or broccoli is only 30 calories.
They are fat-free and high in fiber.
They are also high in Vitamin C, B vitamins and antioxidants which help support your immune system.
They make you fill full longer which will help reduce cravings.
They will help you lose weight and feel better.
Celebrate Fruit & Veggies More Matter Month by consuming more! Here are the top 5 reasons you should eat more fruits & veggies:
- They are very low in calories. A cup of green beans or broccoli is only 30 calories.
- They are fat-free and high in fiber.
- They are also high in Vitamin C, B vitamins and antioxidants which help support your immune system.
- They make you fill full longer which will help reduce cravings.
- They will help you lose weight and feel better.
Just in time for the summer holidays, cook-outs, and picnics. The red, white, and blue parfait is super easy to make and extremely healthy. The best it is only 3 ingredients. Moreover, these parfaits look pretty and taste awesome!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Light vanilla yogurt
- Strawberries, washed and cut
In plastic parfait glasses, layer strawberries and yogurt twice. Then top with blueberries. Again, layer strawberries, yogurt, strawberries, yogurt, and top with a layer of blueberries. Enjoy!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box reduced calorie vanilla pudding
- 1 cup liquid egg
- 1/2 cup lite applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
For The Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp water
How To Make It:
Beat all ingredients except the apples on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in apples. Pour into 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cake cool for 15 minutes and invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
How To Make Glaze:
Whisk together powder sugar, sour cream, and water. Drizzle over cake and let stand until glaze is firm.
Makes 16 servings. Only 152 calories per serving! Yum!!!