Make time for exercise! Try walking to your favorite TV show. You could walk on the tread mill or just march in place to burn extra calories.
You have to actually THINK SKINNY TO BE SKINNY!!
You have to REALLY WANT to lose weight and be thinner in order to make lifestyle changes. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Start by making a commitment to yourself. You may find it helpful to sign a written contract to yourself that includes your weight loss goal and changes you can make to achieve the goal. In addition, you may find it beneficial to write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight.
- Keep a food diary. This will help you become more aware of what, when, and how much you are eating. This awareness can prevent mindless eating.
- Set realistic and specific goals. Focus on 2 or 3 goals at a time. For example, “I will eat fruit for dessert 5 days per week.”
- Find people who will support you in your weight loss efforts.
- Monitor your progress.
- Reward yourself with non-food items, such as, flowers or a massage.
You will be wearing your skinny jeans before you know it!
Are you asking yourself, “What diet plan should I follow to lose weight?”
The answer is simple. You should choose a diet plan that works best for you. If you can’t live without your pasta, then a low carb diet plan won’t work for you. Remember it’s a lifestyle . Therefore, before starting a new diet, ask yourself…
- Is the diet plan realistic?
- Is it affordable?
- Can I eat like this forever?
All diets will result in weight loss due to the fact they are generally low in calories. Ultimately, which one is best for you depends on your individual health history and food preferences. Consulting with a registered dietitian may be also helpful in deciding which approach is most appropriate.
If you need diet coaching or personalized meal plans, conact me at Lori@gogirldiet.com.
Does eating at night really cause weight gain??
The real truth: It does not matter what time of day you eat. It is the amount of calories you consume and the energy you use during the entire day that determines whether you gain, lose, or maintain your weight. No matter when you eat, your body will store extra calories as fat. If you’re hungry in the evening, think about what you have eaten that day. Most of us have already consumed plenty for the day and this is why eating at night will cause weight gain.
Food for thought: Avoid snacking in front of the TV at night—it is easier to overeat when you are distracted by the television and not mindful of how much you’re eating.
Finally, if you must have a bed time snack, make a healthy choice. A few examples are fruit dipped in fat free yogurt, veggies and fat free dip or hummus, or a cup of herbal tea with a splash of fat free milk and honey.
Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer and the official kickoff to cook-out season! This doesn’t mean you have to sabotage your waistline. You can still have fun and eat healthy. Here are some of go girls tricks.
- Always bring the low cal appetizers like raw veggies with a low fat dip, fruit salad, or a healthier version of a side dish.
- Try to stay away from the high fat meats, such as, hotdogs, sausage, or ribs. Choose the grilled chicken or even a small or half a burger.
- Take only 1 starchy side, like potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, or baked beans.
- Have fruit for dessert.
- Stay away from the sugary drinks. Instead choose diet drinks or bottled water.
- Limit your alcoholic beverages. To save calories use diet soda or seltzer water for mixers and lite beer is the better option.
- Most importantly start the day with exercise. Take a power walk or bike ride in the morning. You will actually feel more energized for the rest of the day.
On my last visit to the local dollar store, I came across quite a few items for some fun workouts. According to the USDA’s Dietary Guidelines, it is recommended that you engage in moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week. Moreover, you will be amazed how many calories you can burn.
Here is what I found at the dollar store; calories burned are based on 3o minutes of the activity and 150# person.
- Burns 216 calories
- Burns 103 calories