I am really impressed with this smoothie creation. It is so yummy and versatile. It can be served as a low calorie substitute for egg nog or as a breakfast smoothie. So give it a blend and enjoy.
What you need:
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup 50/50 orange juice (Tropicana)
- 6 oz. vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 10 ice cubes
What to do:
Place all ingredients except cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in glasses. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Info: (per serving) 90 calories, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein, < 1 g fat, 66 mg sodium
Order your latte with fat-free milk!
If you visit Starbuck’s, order a skinny latte!
Are you drinking enough water ?
Water is the best drink of choice. Water helps with digestion and maintains hydration to boost metabolism. Try drinking 8 ounces of water 15 minutes prior to eating; it will help you with portion control. In addition, replace high sugar drinks with water to reduce daily caloric intake. Drink up!!
Save calories with these summer cocktail recipes.
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 4 strawberries
Blend all ingredients in blender. 145 Calories.
- 8 oz. cyrstal light lemonade
- 1 oz. grape vodka
Stir and serve over ice. 90 Calories.
- 1.5 oz. orange vodka
- 1.5 oz. Oceanspray sugar free cranberry juice
- splash of lime juice
Shake all ingredients in shaker with ice. Pour into glass. 105 Calories.
Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer and the official kickoff to cook-out season! This doesn’t mean you have to sabotage your waistline. You can still have fun and eat healthy. Here are some of go girls tricks.
- Always bring the low cal appetizers like raw veggies with a low fat dip, fruit salad, or a healthier version of a side dish.
- Try to stay away from the high fat meats, such as, hotdogs, sausage, or ribs. Choose the grilled chicken or even a small or half a burger.
- Take only 1 starchy side, like potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, or baked beans.
- Have fruit for dessert.
- Stay away from the sugary drinks. Instead choose diet drinks or bottled water.
- Limit your alcoholic beverages. To save calories use diet soda or seltzer water for mixers and lite beer is the better option.
- Most importantly start the day with exercise. Take a power walk or bike ride in the morning. You will actually feel more energized for the rest of the day.
I came across a copy cat recipe for a Wendy’s Frosty on Pinterest. I tweaked it to make it fat free and low calorie. The final product is amazing! Tastes just like a real Frosty.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons low calorie (sugar-free) chocolate instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons Cool Whip Free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a glass and freeze until it has a frosty consistency. Makes 1 serving; 130 calories and 0 fat.