Stir Frying is a healthy and delicious way to create quick and nutritious meals that the entire family can enjoy. It’s a nice way to use fresh produce before it spoils. Stir Frying does not have to be Asian cuisine. By changing the spices, a stir fry can be Italian, Mexican or Cajun flavors.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 broccoli crown, steamed
- snow peas
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- garlic and spices
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken and garlic until chicken is slightly pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side; add vegetables and spices to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
260 Calories; 14g Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 31mg Chol; 384mg Sodium; 20g Carb; 4g Fiber; 14g Protein
When I need to drop a few pounds quickly, I always rely on smoothies. If I use a smoothie as a meal replacement, I always add a scoop of protein powder and I eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit. This particular smoothie is super low in calories and high in nutrients. It can be used as a snack and it’s great for controlling those unwanted cravings.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup strawberries
- handful of ice
- 1 packet stevia
Mix in a blender until smooth.
89 Calories; 4gm fat; 8gm carbohydrate; 2gm fiber; 4gm protein
Another new study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Volume 116, November 2016 concluded that improved diet quality was not associated with increased cost.
Is it really more expensive to eat healthy?
According to a study released by the USDA last week, it is actually less costly to consume fruits, vegetables and other healthy foods than foods high in saturated fat, sugar, and sodium.
This is what they found:
- Foods low in calories for a given weight tend to have a higher price when the price is measured per calorie—vegetables and fruits without added fat or sugar are low in calories and, by this metric, tend to be a very expen- sive way to purchase food energy.
- Conversely, still using the price-per-calorie measure, less healthy (moderation) foods high in saturated fat and/or added sugars tend to be high in calories and have a low price per calorie.
- However, when measured on the basis of edible weight or average portion size, vegetables and fruit are less expensive than most dairy, protein, and moderation foods.
View original post 42 more words
Are you struggling with your weight? Do you want to be skinny?
Go girl diet will teach you how to finally eat a healthy diet. You will learn
one step at a time how to make simple changes in your eating habits that
will help you lose weight to last a lifetime. You learn the skills to make
lifelong changes and to balance healthy and not so healthy foods.
Go girl will help you lose weight and keep it off for good. No more crazy
fad diets! No more restrictions or forbidden foods! No more complicated
meal plans! No more feeling like a failure!
At go girl diet, you will find the latest weight loss trends with quick
healthy eating hints that you can incorporate into your busy lifestyle.
Who said you can’t eat your cake and lose weight too?
Just in time for the summer holidays, cook-outs, and picnics. The red, white, and blue parfait is super easy to make and extremely healthy. The best it is only 3 ingredients. Moreover, these par…
Source: Red, White, and Blue Parfait