Are you struggling with your weight? Do you want to be skinny?
Go girl diet will teach you how to finally eat a healthy diet. You will learn
one step at a time how to make simple changes in your eating habits that
will help you lose weight to last a lifetime. You learn the skills to make
lifelong changes and to balance healthy and not so healthy foods.
Go girl will help you lose weight and keep it off for good. No more crazy
fad diets! No more restrictions or forbidden foods! No more complicated
meal plans! No more feeling like a failure!
At go girl diet, you will find the latest weight loss trends with quick
healthy eating hints that you can incorporate into your busy lifestyle.
Who said you can’t eat your cake and lose weight too?
How perfect for January to be National Oatmeal Month. A big bowl of hot oatmeal is best on cold winter days!
Oatmeal can be easy and fast to prepare. Place 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1 cup water in a large mug and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Then, I usually stir in skim milk and a touch of brown sugar or honey. Now, it is ready to eat.
What is oatmeal?
- Oatmeal is ground oat groats.
What are the health benefits?
- Oatmeal has a high soluble fiber content which helps lower cholesterol. Oatmeal is also sodium free.
What is the difference between rolled oats and steel-cut oats?
- Rolled oats are oats that have been steamed and rolled flat.
- Steel-cut oats are oats that have been sliced into small pieces. They take much longer to cook and have a nutty robust flavor. They have the same nutritional value as rolled oats; however, they have a lower glycemic index.
- Instant oatmeal has added sugars and is high in sodium.
According to a recent study published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, daily weighing was associated with greater weight loss than weighing most days of the week. Participants who weighed daily lost an average of 20 pounds at 6 months compared to only an average of 7 pounds lost by those weighing less than daily. The study concluded daily weighers adopted more weight control behaviors and strategies than those weighing less often. This is a significant difference in weight loss demonstrating that daily weighing can have an impact on losing weight!
March is National Nutrition Month and the theme for 2015 is “Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle” from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
The message is to adopt healthier eating habit for everyone to adopt eating and physical activity plans that are focused on consuming fewer calories, making informed food choices and getting daily exercise in order to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Here’s some tips to get you started:
- Eat fruit for dessert
- Fill up on veggies
- Take a 15 minute walk after dinner
Like me @http://www.facebook.com/pages/GoGirlDiet/
Follow me on http://twitter.com/gogirldiet
What is the Mediterranean Diet?
It is the eating pattern of at least 16 countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. Multiple research studies have demonstrated that adhering to a Mediterranean Diet Plan does reduce the risk of heart disease. It has also been shown to in fighting other medical conditions associated with chronic inflammation, such as, cancer, diabetes, obesity, and cognitive disorders.
The Mediterranean Diet is considered as a heart healthy meal plan and includes the following characteristics:
- An abundance of food from plant sources, including fruits, vegetables, potatoes, whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Olive oil as the principle fat, with total fat ranging from 25% to 35% of total calories, with no more than 7% from saturated fat.
- Daily consumption of low to moderate amounts of cheese and yogurt.
- Twice weekly consumption of low to moderate amounts of fish and poultry; up to 7 eggs per week (including those in cooking and baking).
- Fresh fruit as a daily dessert.
- Red meat a few time per month.
- Moderate consumption of wine, normally with a meal; 1-2 glasses per day for men and 1 glass for women. Wine should be considered optional and avoided when consumption would put the individual or others at risk.
- Regular physical activity at a level that promotes a healthy weight, fitness, and well-being.
1 DAY SAMPLE MEDITERRANEAN DIET MEAL PLAN:
- 1 Serving Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Strawberries or Melon
- 1 oz Nuts
Contrave is the newest FDA approved weight loss drug. It is not only for the obese (BMI >30); it is approved for overweight individuals with BMI = 27 who have risk factors (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes).
Contrave combines two drugs already on the market:
- Wellbutrin — an antidepressant.
- Naltrexone (Revia) — an anti-addiction drug that is an opioid receptor antagonist.
How does it work? It takes away hunger and the cravings for food. Experts do not fully understand the drug combination effects on weight loss. However, they think wellbutrin decreases appetite and naltrexone probably blocks the receptors in the brain and curbs cravings.
You should not take this drug if you have a seizure disorder, eating disorder or are pregnant. And, it is meant to be used with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
In clinical trials, participants loss 5% to 10% and kept the weight off for up to 1 full year. On average, those who took contrave for 6 months combined with a weight management program loss 25 pounds.