Here’s another recipe I found on Pinterest from greenlitebites.com. I made some minor adjustments; and, not only are these muffins extremely healthy, they’re delicious. They make for a great breakfast on the go or as a snack. Enjoy!
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips with a large spoon until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon batter into muffin cups, just about filled. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or firm to the touch. Makes 15 muffins.
82 calories, 1 gm fat, 15 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm fiber, 3 gm protein, 122 mg sodium