My new friend Julia and coworker made these fabulous healthy muffins and offered to share her secret recipe on the GoGirlDiet Blog. Julia is a Registered Diet Technician, TLS Weight Loss Coach, and nutraMetrix Consultant. You can find her @ http://www.shop.com/mulligan. Julia used butternut squash and whole wheat flour in her muffins. These muffins were moist and absolutely delightful.
Julia’s Muffin Recipe
- 3Tbsp oil
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs (may substitute liquid egg white)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c mashed banana (or pumpkin, butternut squash, grated zucchini, etc.)
- 1 ¾ c flour (may use whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ baking powder
- ½ c milk (may use almond or coconut milk)
- 1/3 c chopped nuts (walnuts, dried fruit, sliced almonds, pecans, etc.)
Optional: add spices- cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, etc.
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls, leaving the milk separate. Be sure to mix wet ingredients in larger bowl. Add dry to wet while stirring with a mixing spoon or rubber spatula, adding milk a little bit at a time for easier mixing.
Bake at 350 until fork comes out clean (baking times will vary based on pan size).